Opportunities for Students
Trinity Village provides hands-on learning opportunities to students from many disciplines. Please review the following information to learn more about Student Placements at Trinity Village.
In order to secure a student placement Trinity Village please contact the Academic Coordinator at your educational institution. It is your Academic Coordinator who should work to secure a placement for you at Trinity Village. Academic Coordinators at all educational institutions that have a standing affiliation agreement with will have a contact at Trinity Village through which they can secure a placement for clinical training. In the case that your Academic Coordinator does not have a contact and/or an affiliation agreement with our Organization, it is important that your Academic Coordinator contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Trinity Village Care Centre
Phone: (519) 893-6320 ext. 310
Each student wishing to complete a work placement Trinity Village must provide a signed and completed an Unpaid Work/Education Placement Agreement. This form must be submitted to the Volunteer/Student Coordinator prior to beginning your placement.
- The Organization has a legal obligation in accordance with the Ontario Public Hospitals Act to ensure that all persons performing regular activities in the facility comply with Communicable Disease Protocols. When both the Academic Coordinator and the Student Placement Coordinator have approved a placement, it is the student’s responsibility to schedule a Health and Immunization review. This must be done at least two weeks prior to the student beginning their placement. * Please note that all Conestoga College students are exempt from this requirement.
Immunization record requirements include documentation of the following:
- a 2-step Tuberculosis Skin Test (a recent chest x-ray is required if the TB skin test is positive);
- Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Chicken Pox vaccination or lab immunity
- Other vaccinations including Tetanus/Diphtheria, Hepatitis B and Influenza are strongly recommended
- All students wishing to complete a placement at Trinity Village require a Vulnerable Police/Criminal Records Check. To obtain a Police Check you will need to contact the Waterloo Regional Police Department or your local police department. You or your educational facility is responsible for the charge that is associated with this, which is approximately $30.00. If you live in Waterloo Region, the Waterloo Regional Police offer a reduction in the cost of a Police Check for volunteer or unpaid placements (reduced cost is $10). You will require a letter in order to qualify for this reduction which can be obtained from the Volunteer/Student Coordinator at Trinity Village. Once completed please submit the Police Check to Volunteer/Student Coordinator prior to beginning your placement.
- All students must sign a Privacy, Confidentiality & Acceptable Use Agreement . This signed agreement must be submitted before your placement begins as you will not be given computer access until this form has been completed. Completed forms should be submitted to the Trinity Village Volunteer/ Student Coordinator.